SOAR Global Institute, LLC
Caryn Scotto d’ Luzia, MA, SEP
AST Model of Holistic Shame Resolution® Developer
AST Model® for SEPs: 3 Semester Intensive Online Course: Intersection between Shame & Trauma Designed for More Effective Client Outcomes
Release & Participation Agreement
Thank you for participating in the AST Model® for SEPs: 3 Semester Intensive Online Course: Intersection between Shame & Trauma Designed for More Effective Client Outcomes (the “Course”) sponsored by the Somatic Experiencing Institute and facilitated by Caryn Scotto d’ Luzia (the “Facilitator”). This Agreement contains important information the Facilitator needs to share with you and for you to understand. By participating in the Course you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Course is designed for the professional development of Somatic Experiencing practitioners, students, and somatic-based helping professionals and focuses on the complex nature of shame. The purpose of the Course is to provide participants with an educational opportunity to learn an innovative approach to shame resolution created and developed by the Facilitator called the AST Model of Holistic Shame Resolution® (the “AST Model”).
2. The information presented during the Course, including power point presentations, ideas, suggestions, techniques, affirmations, training, exercises, instructions, products, files or documents for download, and other materials (collectively, the “Materials”) is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Any stories or testimonials presented during the Course do not constitute a warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual using the AST Model for any particular purpose of issue
3. The AST Model is a non-medical/non-psychological approach intended to facilitate shame resolution and resiliency through a body-oriented approach using neuro-biological principles. The Course is designed to explore why the complex nature of shame sometimes makes it resolution difficult, and how through the AST Model, it’s possible for somatic-based helping professionals to assist clients in creating sustainable shame relief and to help them develop shame resiliency. You understand the AST Model has two (2) distinct applications, one is for mental health conditions and the second is for stress management, overall wellness, and for personal growth and development. Consequently, the AST Model can be integrated into a mental health care practice and can also be used by non-licensed practitioners as a protocol in sessions for stress management, overall wellness, and personal growth and development. Therefore, you agree to apply what you may learn from participating in the Course regarding using the AST Model with clients only within your legally defined scope of practice.
4. You understand the Course is solely an experiential educational and training program and is not to be used to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any medical problem or psychological disorder, nor is the Course a substitute for traditional methods of medical or psychological advice, diagnosis, and treatment. You agree to consult with your health care provider(s) for any specific medical or psychological problems and to continue any medical or psychological treatment you may be currently receiving. Further, you agree to take full responsibility for your self-care in the, emotional, mental, and physical dimensions of your life.
5. Although the AST Model appears to have promising emotional, mental, neurobiological benefits whose byproducts may be psychological, and physical health benefits, it has yet to be fully researched by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities and therefore, is considered experimental. The AST Model is self-regulated and no state in the United States licenses any practitioners or teachers of the AST Model and it’s considered an alternative or complementary resolution and recovery model. While the Facilitator is a certified Somatic Experiencing practitioner and somatic-based holistic facilitator, you understand the Facilitator is not a psychologist, psychotherapist, physician, or other licensed health care provider and is only providing her services as a facilitator for the Course. Since the AST Model is a new shame resolution approach and the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits, are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using the AST Model and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Course.
6. Please be advised by participating in the Course, shame-based triggers may surface and it’s possible to experience emotional, mental, psychological, or physical distress or discomfort that could be perceived as negative. It’s also possible to experience some emotional distress or physical discomfort related to stressful experiences you may have had earlier in your life. You agree to stop any process, exercise, or any other Course activity should your participation in the Course inadvertently activate distressing reactions in you. Also in such event, you agree to seek professional help, if needed.
7. Due to the fact that the Course is recorded for playback for participants and includes online group discussions or processes in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality with respect to other individuals participating in the Course with you. In the event, as part of the Course learning, you discuss any information regarding a client, in order to protect the confidentiality of such client, you agree to only give an alias and to refrain from providing any information that could potentially identify the client, including geographical information. You acknowledge and agree that anything and everything discussed with the Facilitator, either during or separate from the Course, is merely a perspective for you to consider and your participation in the Course is not intended to create nor does it establish a practitioner-client relationship or any other type of professional relationship between you and the Facilitator.
8. The Materials presented during the Course and any other content made available during the Course are owned by the Facilitator and are protected by intellectual property and copyright laws. You may not duplicate, screen grab, modify, publish, post of Facebook or other social media sites, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Materials or any other content presented in the Course. AST Model, AST Model of Holistic Shame Resolution, and Alchemy of Shame Transformation are registered trademarks owned by the Facilitator, and may not be used without written permission. Any unauthorized use of the trademarks is trademark infringement and the Facilitator will enforce her legal rights to protect the trademarks.
9. You understand and agree your participation in the Course does not confer formally or informationally any type of certification process for the AST Model. You understand you are strictly prohibited from representing yourself as an AST Model Practitioner, to add any part of the name to your professional title, or use the AST Model logo on any of your professional materials, including “AST Model inspired”, “AST Model-based”, “AST Model derived”, or any other language or representation that would imply a connection with the AST Model.
10. Upon successfully completion of the Course, the Facilitator will provide you with a Certificate of Completion. In addition, you will have the option of qualifying for 6 Post Advanced Credits from the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute.
11. You understand your participation in the Course is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You represent you’re competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Course. You also understand and agree that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law. This Agreement shall be binding upon you and your heirs, legal representative, and assigns. You represent that you are an adult under the laws of the State of your residence and you have the right to enter into this Agreement.
12. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to the Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of California, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties. No waiver by any party of any right under this Agreement will be construed as a waiver of any other right. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable as applied to any circumstance, then it is agreed that the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect and the remainder of this Agreement will be interpreted to best carry out the intent of the parties.
For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency and receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, you agree to forever, fully release, defend, and hold harmless, SOAR Global Institute, LLC, its owners, members, principals, employees, agents, representatives, consultants, volunteers, and others associated with SOAR Global Institute, LLC from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, personal, emotional, psychological, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Course.
This is not a free course. Any software glitches that may incorrectly give the perception or notice that none payment or $0 for registration has taken place, please be advised it is a software mistake; $0 registration for this course is incorrect and will NOT be honored. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.
Please click that you acknowledge that you have carefully and completely read and fully understand and agree to the contents of this Release & Participation Agreement.
© 2016 Midge Murphy, all rights reserved. Any unauthorized use of this Release & Participation Agreement by any parties other than SOAR Global Institute, LLC is prohibited by federal law.