Terms and Conditions for Introduction to AST Model of Holistic Shame Resolution® Level 1
Thank you for your interest in working with Caryn Scotto d’ Luzia and joining her breakthrough, pioneering AST Model of Holistic Shame Resolution® live training! Please read the following terms and conditions as they apply to the training for which you are about to register.
Caryn Scotto d’ Luzia is a thought leader in the field of holistic, life-affirming transformation and author of Alchemy of Shame Transformation, used by professionals worldwide. She is innovator of breakthrough, paradigm shift models of holistic healing and transformative resolution. As developer of the AST Model of Holistic Shame Resolution®, it is from this perspective that she provides her opinion, concepts, theories, exercises, suggestions, interventions and advice during this training and through her live demonstration work. Caryn is not a licensed therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist. She is a former yoga teacher and university professor. She is a certified Somatic Experiencing practitioner, and somatic-based holistic facilitator. Caryn has been a presenter for USABP (United States Association of Body Psychologists), SETI (Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute), and the United Nations. She is a member of the United Nations Committee on Mental Health & has acted as post-advanced instructor for Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute.
Videoing of Training
The training will be videoed. If you choose to volunteer for a demonstration please be aware that it will be recorded and your “release form” signature is required in order to participate as a demonstration client.
To earn 24 SETI Post Advanced credits you must be a SETI conferred SEP who attends the training for the duration of each training day and all 3 full days of the training. These credits are applied to your ADVANCED SEP credential. You must sign in each day and pay the CE fee to earn CEs. In both cases all participants must sign in each day to verify daily attendance.
Please be aware of your own learning style and understand this is a live group learning format. Power Point lecture slides will NOT be made available to participants as part of the course material, but a PDF of learning highlights is sent via email a few days after the training. In addition, Caryn sells studio recorded webinars, guided processes, video demos and embodied exercises to further participants learning. Please be aware that what you put into the course will greatly affect what you will get out of it. Participation is key to understanding and learning in experiential, interactive learning curriculum. However, your participation is always voluntary and at your will.
AST Model® Level 1, Live 3 Day Training
Release & Participation Agreement
The AST Model® Level 1 Live Training (the “Training”) sponsored by SOAR Global Institute, LLC and facilitated by Caryn Scotto d’ Luzia (the “Facilitator”). This Agreement contains important information the Facilitator needs to share with you and for you to understand. By participating in the Training you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Training is designed for the professional development of client-based therapeutic, healing, and coaching professionals and focuses on the complex nature of shame. The purpose of the Training is to provide participants with an educational opportunity to be introduced to the foundational principles of an innovative approach to shame resolution created and developed by the Facilitator called the AST Model of Holistic Shame Resolution® (the “AST Model”).
2. The information presented during the Training, including ideas, suggestions, instructions, techniques, exercises, power point slides, and other materials (collectively, the “Materials”) is educational in nature and is not medical or psychological advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Any stories or testimonials presented during the Training do not constitute a warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual using the AST Model for any particular purpose or issue.
3. The AST Model is a non-medical/non-psychological approach intended to facilitate shame resolution and resiliency through a body-oriented approach using neuro-biological principles. You understand the AST Model has two (2) distinct applications, one is for mental health conditions and the second is for stress management, overall wellness, and for personal growth and development. Consequently, the AST Model can be integrated within a psychotherapeutic setting with professional mental health care clinicians who have been fully trained in the AST Model. In addition, the AST Model can be used by non-licensed practitioners, who have been fully trained in the AST Model, as a protocol in sessions for stress management, overall wellness, and personal growth and development.
4. You understand the Training is solely an educational program and is not to be used to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any medical problem or psychological disorder, nor is the Training a substitute for traditional methods of medical or psychological advice, diagnosis, and treatment. You agree to consult with your health care provider(s) for any specific medical or psychological issues or problems and to continue any medical or psychological treatment you may be currently receiving. Further, you agree to take full responsibility for your self-care in the, emotional, mental, and physical dimensions of your life.
5. Please be advised by participating in the Training, shame-based triggers may surface and it’s possible to experience emotional, mental, psychological, or physical distress or discomfort that could be perceived as negative. It’s also possible to experience some emotional distress or physical discomfort related to stressful experiences you may have had earlier in your life. You agree to ask for help from the Facilitator should your participation in the Training inadvertently activate distressing reactions in you.
6. Although the AST Model appears to have promising emotional, mental, neurobiological benefits whose byproducts may be psychological, and physical health benefits, it has yet to be fully researched by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities and therefore, is considered experimental. The AST Model is self-regulated and no state in the United States licenses any practitioners or teachers of the AST Model and it’s considered an alternative or complementary resolution and recovery model. While the Facilitator is a certified Somatic Experiencing practitioner and somatic-based holistic facilitator, you understand the Facilitator is not a psychologist, psychotherapist, physician, or other licensed health care provider and is providing her services as a developer of the model and facilitator for the Training. Since the AST Model is an experimental shame resolution approach and the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits, are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with participating in the Training and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Training.
7. Due to the fact that the Training includes embodied group processes in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality with respect to other individuals participating in the Training with you. In the event, as part of the learning, you discuss any information regarding a client, in order to protect the confidentiality of such client, you agree to only give an alias and to refrain from providing any information that could potentially identify the client, including geographical information. You acknowledge and agree that anything and everything discussed with the Facilitator, either during or separate from the Training, is merely a perspective for you to consider and your participation in the Training is not intended to create nor does it establish a practitioner-client relationship or any other type of professional relationship between you and the Facilitator.
8. The Materials presented during the Training and any other content made available during the Training are owned by the Facilitator and are protected by intellectual property and copyright laws. You may not duplicate, screen grab, modify, publish, post on Facebook or other social media sites, transmit, record, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Materials or any other content presented in the Training. AST Model, AST Model of Holistic Shame Resolution, and Alchemy of Shame Transformation are registered trademarks owned by the Facilitator, and may not be used without written permission. Any unauthorized use of the trademarks is trademark infringement and the Facilitator will enforce her legal rights to protect the trademarks.
9. You understand and agree your participation in the Training does not confer formally or informationally any type of practitioner qualification or certification process for the AST Model. You understand you are strictly prohibited from representing yourself as an AST Model Practitioner, to add any part of the name to your professional title, or use the AST Model logo on any of your professional materials, including “AST Model inspired”, “AST Model-based”, “AST Model derived”, or any other language or representation that would imply a connection with the AST Model.
10. You agree and understand the Training, including any demonstrations, may be filmed and that SOAR Global Institute, LLC shall have all rights in and to such film, including the copyright therein. If you volunteer to participate in any filmed demonstration, you grant SOAR Global Institute, LLC the right without compensation to you to film, photograph and/or record you while participating in the demonstration and you waive any and all rights which you now have or may have hereafter in any such film, photograph and/or recording.
11. You understand your participation in Training is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You represent you’re competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Training. You also understand and agree that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law. This Agreement shall be binding upon you and your heirs, legal representative, and assigns. You represent that you are an adult under the laws of the State of your residence and you have the right to enter into this Agreement.
12 Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to the Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of California, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties. No waiver by any party of any right under this Agreement will be construed as a waiver of any other right. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable as applied to any circumstance, then it is agreed that the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect and the remainder of this Agreement will be interpreted to best carry out the intent of the parties.
You agree to hold harmless, SOAR Global Institute, LLC, its owners, members, principals, employees, agents, representatives, consultants, volunteers, and others associated with SOAR Global Institute, LLC from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, personal, emotional, psychological, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Training.
Please click that you acknowledge that you have carefully and completely read and fully understand and agree to the contents of this Release & Participation Agreement.
© 2016 Midge Murphy, all rights reserved. Any unauthorized use of this Release & Participation Agreement by any parties other than SOAR Global Institute, LLC is prohibited by federal law.